Careers at Amprius Technologies
Amprius Technologies is revolutionizing the battery industry. We are an innovative and growing company located in heart of Silicon Valley and our team members are highly creative, motivated and collaborative. We believe that teamwork and unlimited imagination delivers the best solutions. Would you like to help revolutionize the battery industry? If so, view our open positions below and submit your resume to email@example.com
Amprius Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- Conceive, plan, and execute research projects in the areas of electrochemical energy storage systems with limited supervision
- Identify & develop advanced battery electrolyte materials and formulations
- Study cell level component interactions, such as SEI formation
- Evaluate the latest battery components, analyze their performance, and identify degradation mechanisms
- Implement & create methods of diagnostic testing for battery characterization
- Maintain awareness of the state-of-the-art in technical areas of responsibility, and its relevance/importance to corporate needs. Prepare timely, high-quality internal reports and patent applications
- Be an effective member of internal and external project teams in key scientific and technical areas
- Extensive knowledge of electrochemical energy storage materials
- Extensive knowledge of electrolytes, salts, solvents, and additives
- Strong skills in organic and/or inorganic synthesis and characterization
- Deep understanding of material-property relationship
- Hands-on knowledge of battery and/or other electrochemical energy devices testing and design
- Thorough knowledge of underlying mechanisms of battery materials interaction and battery degradation
- PhD in Science or Engineering in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science
- Industrial working experience is a plus
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Good oral and written English language skills
- Good problem solving capability
- Interpersonal traits to work effectively with others
Amprius is seeking an experienced, creative and highly motivated Battery Test Engineer who is responsible for all aspects of testing lithium-ion cells and batteries. This position develops, implements and documents procedures, methods, protocols, and equipment for testing and characterizing advanced lithium-ion cells.
- Central role in cell and battery testing.
- Develop and sustain test equipment and procedures and ensure system integrity.
- Develop test reports and integrate with database.
- Assess and interpret test data using statistical methods for data analysis.
- Establish methods for determining non-conformance with respect to product specifications to ensure product quality.
- Establish and maintain documentation of operating and safety procedures for testing cells and batteries.
- Perform equipment calibration and maintenance per manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Trouble-shoot tests and equipment as needed.
- Interact with testing equipment vendors and recommend and support the procurement of equipment as needed.
- Mentor, train, and supervise test technicians as required.
- Maintain active role in continuous improvement.
Required Education and Experience
- BS./M.S. degree in electrical engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in an R&D and/or manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in cell and battery testing equipment and methods.
- High level knowledge of cell testing equipment and systems, including Arbin, Neware, and/or Maccor or equivalent.
- Advanced skills in MATLAB, python, and/or other applicable scripting languages for computer controlled automation of testing.
- High level knowledge of relational databases and familiarity with integrating test output with database systems.
- Understanding of cell failure mechanisms and knowledgeable of abuse testing methods.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills using statistical methods for assessing test results.
- Working knowledge of lithium-ion cell electrochemistry.
- Knowledgeable of best practices for quality management as applied to test systems.
- Takes initiative, is self-driven, and is able to work with minimal supervision.