Careers at Amprius Technologies
Amprius Technologies is revolutionizing the battery industry. We are an innovative and growing company located in heart of Silicon Valley and our team members are highly creative, motivated and collaborative. We believe that teamwork and unlimited imagination delivers the best solutions. Would you like to help revolutionize the battery industry? If so, view our open positions below and submit your resume to email@example.com
Amprius Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- Conceive, plan, and execute research projects in the areas of electrochemical energy storage systems with limited supervision
- Identify & develop advanced battery electrolyte materials and formulations
- Study cell level component interactions, such as SEI formation
- Evaluate the latest battery components, analyze their performance, and identify degradation mechanisms
- Implement & create methods of diagnostic testing for battery characterization
- Maintain awareness of the state-of-the-art in technical areas of responsibility, and its relevance/importance to corporate needs. Prepare timely, high-quality internal reports and patent applications
- Be an effective member of internal and external project teams in key scientific and technical areas
- Extensive knowledge of electrochemical energy storage materials
- Extensive knowledge of electrolytes, salts, solvents, and additives
- Strong skills in organic and/or inorganic synthesis and characterization
- Deep understanding of material-property relationship
- Hands-on knowledge of battery and/or other electrochemical energy devices testing and design
- Thorough knowledge of underlying mechanisms of battery materials interaction and battery degradation
- PhD in Science or Engineering in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science
- Industrial working experience is a plus
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Good oral and written English language skills
- Good problem solving capability
- Interpersonal traits to work effectively with others
- Key role in the operation of the R&D cell and battery assembly and test labs
- Key role in designing different form factor batteries using Amprius’ silicon anodes
- Key role with the development and documentation of standard operating procedures and safety procedures for testing cells and batteries.
- Operate battery test equipment, interpret results and prepare reports.
- Create and input test scripts for computer controlled automation of tests.
- Troubleshoot tests and equipment as needed.
- Mentor and supervise lab technicians as required.
- Perform equipment calibration and maintenance per manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Optimize equipment usage in a dynamic environment.
- Support other departments and functions as needed.
- Committed to environmental, health and safety requirements.
- Engineering degree is required, electrical preferred.
- 5+ years in testing of batteries in R&D or production environment.
- Previous experience in collaborative work environments.
- Strong work ethic, highly accountable, and able to take ownership of lab functions.
- Demonstrates strong teamwork skills.
- Able to read, write, and understand work instructions and documentation.
- Takes initiative and is able to work with little or no supervision.
- Able to work in a clean room & low humidity environment as needed.
- Hands-on knowledge of battery and/or other electrochemical energy devices testing and design.